Monday 1 May 2017

1: Happiness in Contentment


Take My Hand Inspirations

BEGINNINGS



Marissa, in an insatiable greedy lust, chased after jewels, jags (extremely expensive cars) and juju, her life spiraling in an exhausting accumulation of money, materials and “magic” that climaxed in a catastrophic crash . . . Bam! 

Head first to the ground in a hypertensive coma.  The pressure to get all those things and to keep all those things, then to discard and buy all new of those things when what she already had “expired” led her straight into a time-indefinite coma.  For what is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his soul? Or, what will man give in exchange for his soul? (Matt. 16:26).

Is happiness found in the latest model telephone or car, high fashion and other fancy man-made “cut-outs”?  Well, give me the latest model telephone and I will surely dance for joy while I play with my new toy, as any child would.  But the message we must get from unconscious Marissa if she could talk now is: HAPPINESS IS FOUND IN BEING CONTENT.  Hebrews 13:5a advises to Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have; and 1 Timothy 6:8 admonishes And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.  

In fact, one the wealthiest women in history (actually she went from poverty to riches and back to poverty), Marguerite Gardiner, Countess of Blessington, once wrote: “Happiness consists not in having much, but in being content with little.”

Contentment is truly being satisfied with what you already have.  Contentment should not be confused with stupidity or laziness as some have corrupted it (or cursed it) to be thinking that they don’t deserve good things nor do they have to work hard in honest ways to earn a richer life.  Abraham, Job, Solomon, Joseph of Arimathea, Sarah, Queen Esther, Lydia and other men and women of the Bible were noted as wealthy people.  Study well how they became wealthy and sustained their wealth.

Contentment lies in the still quiet inner peace that what you have now and where you are now is good: it makes you feel good about yourself; it makes you do good to others; and it makes others do good to you.  Are you in that place of being content today?  If not, the best way to get there is by thanking God for all His blessings in your life right now: Are you alive? Thank you Jesus. Do you have gifts, talents, or skills to a make a decent living? Thank you Jesus.  Are you in good health? Thank you Jesus.  Do you have food on your table, a roof over your head, shoes on your feet? Thank you Jesus.  Do you have family, children, a loving spouse, true friends? Thank you Jesus.  Notice that breakable, irreparable material items are not listed here.  

These are questions that you can work on until the “YES” comes.  For all the promises of God in Him are YES and in Him AMEN, to the glory of God through us (2 Corin. 1:20).  Our Father God wants for you to be content in His provision.  Keep thanking God for all He does for you, and you will experience the real joy of living.  Money and materials (never magic) are to enhance our lives and to glorify the God of our lives.  They shouldn’t become an evil root of it. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (Read 1 Timothy 6:9, 10).

A Prayer for Happiness in Contentment

Dear Lord,

I came into this world with nothing; and I can’t bring anything with me when I come home to you.  So please help me to be content with what I have and where I am.  By contentment, I mean bring me to that place of inner peace where I feel good about myself, and I feel good about what I am doing with the life you gave me.  I thank you for all that you have blessed me with and for all that you will bless me with in my future.  I shall not greedily chase after money, materials or “magic” because I know that you, Lord, will provide for me.  But I will rather fervently chase after lost souls to bring them into your Kingdom being firmly content in Matthew 6:33: But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

In Jesus’ name.  Amen.   

© 2017, 2022 by Patience Osei-Anyamesem. All rights reserved.  Published by The Light In Me Enterprise.  No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means—electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording, or any other—without the prior written permission of the publisher.  The only exception is brief quotations in printed reviews or other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

 Unless otherwise stated, all scripture quotations are from The New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.  Used by permission. All rights reserved.



Take My Hand Inspirations


                                                                                                                                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment